The new Nike Tiger Woods TW 14 golf shoes are out. With mixed consumer and media reviews for the last version, the TW 13 shoes, would Nike listen to the peanut gallery? Would they improve the shoe? Nike is well known in the golf review circle for taking in reviewers concerns and problems and trying to work out those problems. Nike went and made some much needed improvements to the TW 14's and turned them into this reviewers opinion as a, must have functional golf shoe.Nike
The new Nike Tiger Woods TW 14 golf shoes are out. With mixed consumer and media reviews for the last version, the TW 13 shoes, would Nike listen to the peanut gallery? Would they improve the shoe? Nike is well known in the golf review circle for taking in reviewers concerns and problems and trying to work out those problems. Nike went and made some much needed improvements to the TW 14's and turned them into this reviewers opinion as a, must have functional golf shoe.
The Tiger Woods TW 14 shoes are inspired by the widely popular Nike Free running shoe line. The minimalist shoe platform offers more mobility to your natural foot/walking motions. A minimalist running shoe is something hard to get used to at first for some people. The bend points can feel uncomfortable and not offer much lateral support, which the TW 13 was lacking. But to improve the TW 14 it looks like they took in key factors from the Nike Free Trainer shoe, which offers more lateral support and a better posturing stance.
- The Tiger Woods TW 14 added more lateral support by adding a ankle/heel support to the back of the shoe.
- The Tiger Woods TW 14 shoes may look wide and platypus like, but the large leading edges around the outer parts of your feet create a nice stability and anti-roll function.
- The added two-tone color to the rubber base of the shoe makes it look less like a nurses shoe.
- The added lace flywire are fully functional and create a more stable and cradle feel needed in minimalist platform shoes to create more stability.
- A shorter tongue was a much needed upgrade and they did it. Now it doesn't rub and scrape up against your leg.
- Added air vents to the top of the foot area makes it look a lot better.
- The removal of the "inner-sock" lining from the TW 13 was a great upgrade that thing was not comfortable.
- The inner-sole of the shoe is designed to create full swing stability
- Great full swing stability
- Full foot range of motion
- Can be hard on the feet while adjusting to the inner-sole structure.
- They still look funny and wide around the toe area.
- Ankle is a little too tight compared to the toe area.
- The material gets wrinkles really fast.
I have a lot of golf shoes, I have a lot of Nike Golf shoes but, after wearing these then going to the range in other shoes... The other shoes are just shoes. These new Tiger Woods TW 14's are a great functioning golf shoe in the support area. They actually have something to offer other than spikes and leather. They have spoiled me with golf shoes from now on. Everything else feels like a tap dancing shoe and not a full athletic golf shoe. They hurt my feet for a few rounds, mainly in the heel and ankle area but, I adjusted my walking to them and broke them in now everything is great. I have 4 pairs of golf shoes in my trunk alone and have only been grabbing the TW14's. The outter stability parts of the shoe really keep me balanced and prevents my foot from rolling over in my swing. They also have lil spike/nubs on the inner toe area for traction on your follow-through. They truly thought of it all. The price is a little steep for people looking at them like any other golf shoe, I know the thoughts, you think more about how they look and gauge the price on that. Don't judge the price by the looks, they are not that great looking, but serve a higher purpose in the golf shoe arena. The fit is true.
And for your fancy pants out there that think a white shoe or a black shoe just doesn't fit you then, you are in luck! You can make custom Nike TW 14 golf shoes
I love the shoes and see them less as shoes but more of an extension of my equipment. I highly recommend them.
P.S. Look out for me in some custom TW 14's that look like this