Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Iron Distance

Iron Distance 6 years 1 week ago #89524

  • skuba81
  • skuba81's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GolfBalled Junkie
  • Posts: 1711
  • Thank you received: 118
aepfeiffer wrote:
skuba81 wrote:
EricWessel116 wrote:
All I can think of is sometimes you have to adjust what club you are using on the computer that they are using.. If they weren't doing that it could be the issue.



Maybe. But i thought launch monitors measure launch angle, ball speed and to determine distance. I could be wrong

Not at the PGA Superstore, that's the reason the majority of launch monitors are bogus! Without changing the type of club or true information it doesn't do nothing but pick up swing speed and stuff and tries to catch a spin rate off the lines on the balls to guess where it went! FlightScope is the best
monitor there is!

Ok. So kinda ignore the distances i am getting? Cause i went today and i brought my 8-GW And was hitting them a good 10 yards further. My GW was always good 90-95 Max 100. Was hitting it 100-110 today.
So a great increase.
So i was reading golf digest the other day and came across a tip to flex your knees apart on the down swing and i was trying it today. My swing speed actually went from 70-76 yesterday up to 80-83 today. Also was taking mu club back slower. And really paying attention to my down swing. Flexing my knees apart. Felt like it added a lot of extra power. I am very happy.
Driver- Bio Cell- Fairway- AMP Hybrids- Fly-Z- Irons- Fly-Z 5-PW *Thanks to GolfBalled and Cobra* Wedges- RTX 2.0 50°54° 58° Putter-Versa #1 Cobra S3 Hybrid- Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 Driver *Thanks to GolfBalled Club Wars*-Nike X3X Wedge *Thanks to GolfBalled and Nike*
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Iron Distance 6 years 1 week ago #89526

  • CoreyKasif
  • CoreyKasif's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 2091
  • Thank you received: 356
skuba81 wrote:
aepfeiffer wrote:
skuba81 wrote:
EricWessel116 wrote:
All I can think of is sometimes you have to adjust what club you are using on the computer that they are using.. If they weren't doing that it could be the issue.



Maybe. But i thought launch monitors measure launch angle, ball speed and to determine distance. I could be wrong

Not at the PGA Superstore, that's the reason the majority of launch monitors are bogus! Without changing the type of club or true information it doesn't do nothing but pick up swing speed and stuff and tries to catch a spin rate off the lines on the balls to guess where it went! FlightScope is the best
monitor there is!

Ok. So kinda ignore the distances i am getting? Cause i went today and i brought my 8-GW And was hitting them a good 10 yards further. My GW was always good 90-95 Max 100. Was hitting it 100-110 today.
So a great increase.
So i was reading golf digest the other day and came across a tip to flex your knees apart on the down swing and i was trying it today. My swing speed actually went from 70-76 yesterday up to 80-83 today. Also was taking mu club back slower. And really paying attention to my down swing. Flexing my knees apart. Felt like it added a lot of extra power. I am very happy.

A faster swing speed is only good when you can increase the ball speed too. Do you know those numbers? Also if you are going to increase distance with your irons, make sure you do it across the board to make sure you can still fill in the gaps through your set of irons.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Iron Distance 6 years 1 week ago #89529

  • skuba81
  • skuba81's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GolfBalled Junkie
  • Posts: 1711
  • Thank you received: 118
CoreyKasif wrote:
skuba81 wrote:
aepfeiffer wrote:
skuba81 wrote:
EricWessel116 wrote:
All I can think of is sometimes you have to adjust what club you are using on the computer that they are using.. If they weren't doing that it could be the issue.



Maybe. But i thought launch monitors measure launch angle, ball speed and to determine distance. I could be wrong

Not at the PGA Superstore, that's the reason the majority of launch monitors are bogus! Without changing the type of club or true information it doesn't do nothing but pick up swing speed and stuff and tries to catch a spin rate off the lines on the balls to guess where it went! FlightScope is the best
monitor there is!

Ok. So kinda ignore the distances i am getting? Cause i went today and i brought my 8-GW And was hitting them a good 10 yards further. My GW was always good 90-95 Max 100. Was hitting it 100-110 today.
So a great increase.
So i was reading golf digest the other day and came across a tip to flex your knees apart on the down swing and i was trying it today. My swing speed actually went from 70-76 yesterday up to 80-83 today. Also was taking mu club back slower. And really paying attention to my down swing. Flexing my knees apart. Felt like it added a lot of extra power. I am very happy.

A faster swing speed is only good when you can increase the ball speed too. Do you know those numbers? Also if you are going to increase distance with your irons, make sure you do it across the board to make sure you can still fill in the gaps through your set of irons.

Yes i did notice an increase in ball speed. Dont have the exact numbers. I will pay more attention to that next time. My first lesson is a 45 minute swing analysis where they go club by club. So i should hopefully get a good idea of the gaps in my bag and if I need to change anything. They will probably try to sell me new irons at the same time. We'll see.
Driver- Bio Cell- Fairway- AMP Hybrids- Fly-Z- Irons- Fly-Z 5-PW *Thanks to GolfBalled and Cobra* Wedges- RTX 2.0 50°54° 58° Putter-Versa #1 Cobra S3 Hybrid- Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 Driver *Thanks to GolfBalled Club Wars*-Nike X3X Wedge *Thanks to GolfBalled and Nike*
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Iron Distance 6 years 1 week ago #89552

  • CanadianBacon
  • CanadianBacon's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GolfBalled Junkie
  • Posts: 2168
  • Thank you received: 176
I didn't go through the entire thread Skuba... have you had your lofts checked?

Alex
Driver - Alpha Golf C 830.2
Fairway - Adams Golf Speedline Super LS
Hybrid - Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 18*
Irons - Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 4-PW
Wedges - Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 56-11 60-07 Gun Blue
Putter - Cure Putters RX1
Ball - Wilson Staff DUO Spin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Iron Distance 6 years 1 week ago #89562

  • skuba81
  • skuba81's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GolfBalled Junkie
  • Posts: 1711
  • Thank you received: 118
CanadianBacon wrote:
I didn't go through the entire thread Skuba... have you had your lofts checked?

Alex

Havent had my lofts checked. I play SGI Irons so the lofts are jacked. I will have them checked when i am taking lessons.
Driver- Bio Cell- Fairway- AMP Hybrids- Fly-Z- Irons- Fly-Z 5-PW *Thanks to GolfBalled and Cobra* Wedges- RTX 2.0 50°54° 58° Putter-Versa #1 Cobra S3 Hybrid- Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 Driver *Thanks to GolfBalled Club Wars*-Nike X3X Wedge *Thanks to GolfBalled and Nike*
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • TwiggyGolf
  • TwiggyGolf's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Whats A Golf Forum?
  • Posts: 3
  • Thank you received: 1
I don't know anything about your game, but it could be because your swing speed is too low to really make a difference, especially in longer irons like 5 and 6.
The administrator has disabled public write access.