Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Putting/Short Game Help

Putting/Short Game Help 4 years 10 months ago #104052

  • redskev
  • redskev's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GolfBalled Junkie
  • Posts: 392
  • Thank you received: 29
Hello! Just wanted to start this topic to see if you guys have any good tips and drills that you like to work on for your short game and putting. Personally, I was wondering if you guys have any putting tips or drills that help you hit the ball straight consistently. Lately I have been pushing a lot of my putts, which if just making me angry :angry: ! Haha! I can read the greens fine and my distance control is good, but when I push the putt I have no hope. Anyways, if you have any tips or drills for my problem, want to share your own golf problems, or just share other tips and drills feel free! Thanks!
Driver - Titleist 913D2
3 Wood - RBZ Stage 2
Hybrid - Cobra Bio Cell
Irons - Wilson Staff FG Tour V6
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 54/58
Putter - Futura X7
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Putting/Short Game Help 4 years 10 months ago #104053

  • jmcelroy
  • jmcelroy's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Bossman
  • Posts: 4762
  • Thank you received: 766
Ever look into your alignment? I tend to setup a little open at times when putting and it makes me do weird things. Use alignment sticks on a practice green. Set them up as a little pathway to the hole. and practice following the the lines and setting up correctly. Has always worked for me when practicing putting.
Driver: Nike Vapor Speed
Woods: Nike Vapor Speed 3w
Hybrid: Nike Vapor speed 3h
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-A
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX Forged (54/58)
Putter: Odyssey Teron
Golf Ball: Callaway Hex Hot Pro
Bag: SunMountain C-130
Launch Monitor: Flightscope Xi Tour
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Putting/Short Game Help 4 years 10 months ago #104054

  • redskev
  • redskev's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GolfBalled Junkie
  • Posts: 392
  • Thank you received: 29
jmcelroy wrote:
Ever look into your alignment? I tend to setup a little open at times when putting and it makes me do weird things. Use alignment sticks on a practice green. Set them up as a little pathway to the hole. and practice following the the lines and setting up correctly. Has always worked for me when practicing putting.
Thanks, I'll definitely try that next time! That sounds simple, why couldn't I think of that :laugh: Guess I never really thought of using my alignment sticks on the green. If that doesn't work though guess I can always blame the putter itself and not the user haha!
Driver - Titleist 913D2
3 Wood - RBZ Stage 2
Hybrid - Cobra Bio Cell
Irons - Wilson Staff FG Tour V6
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 54/58
Putter - Futura X7
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • bpfilms
  • bpfilms's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GolfBalled Junkie
  • Posts: 603
  • Thank you received: 33
redskev wrote:
jmcelroy wrote:
Ever look into your alignment? I tend to setup a little open at times when putting and it makes me do weird things. Use alignment sticks on a practice green. Set them up as a little pathway to the hole. and practice following the the lines and setting up correctly. Has always worked for me when practicing putting.
Thanks, I'll definitely try that next time! That sounds simple, why couldn't I think of that :laugh: Guess I never really thought of using my alignment sticks on the green. If that doesn't work though guess I can always blame the putter itself and not the user haha!

I also found using a ball marker that you can put a straight line around your ball when putting it shows if you struck your ball well and got a solid roll if the line goes straight while putting. If the line look wobbly or un even, then you didnt hit the ball well or straight on your put.. It worked for me.
Driver: Titleist 913 D2
3W: Adams Tight Lie Titanium
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 5-Pw
54 Deg: Titleist Vorkey S5
58 Deg: Cleveland RTX 588
Putter: Taylormade Spider
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Putting/Short Game Help 4 years 10 months ago #104058

  • redskev
  • redskev's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GolfBalled Junkie
  • Posts: 392
  • Thank you received: 29
bpfilms wrote:
redskev wrote:
jmcelroy wrote:
Ever look into your alignment? I tend to setup a little open at times when putting and it makes me do weird things. Use alignment sticks on a practice green. Set them up as a little pathway to the hole. and practice following the the lines and setting up correctly. Has always worked for me when practicing putting.
Thanks, I'll definitely try that next time! That sounds simple, why couldn't I think of that :laugh: Guess I never really thought of using my alignment sticks on the green. If that doesn't work though guess I can always blame the putter itself and not the user haha!

I also found using a ball marker that you can put a straight line around your ball when putting it shows if you struck your ball well and got a solid roll if the line goes straight while putting. If the line look wobbly or un even, then you didnt hit the ball well or straight on your put.. It worked for me.
Yeah I should definitely do that too! Kind of like this thing I was just looking at. Have any of you tried a product called the pill? Pretty much the same idea as the line around the ball, just its not a whole ball.
Driver - Titleist 913D2
3 Wood - RBZ Stage 2
Hybrid - Cobra Bio Cell
Irons - Wilson Staff FG Tour V6
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 54/58
Putter - Futura X7
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Putting/Short Game Help 4 years 10 months ago #104065

  • GolfFanatic4U
  • GolfFanatic4U's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • GolfBalled Junkie
  • Posts: 800
  • Thank you received: 55
Great idea for a thread. Definitely an area of my game I will be focusing hard on this season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J40 445 9.5* w/ AD-Di 6s
J15DF w/ DG Pro's
J40 50*, 54*, 58* w/ S200
Bridgestone TD-03
Bridgestone B330-Rx
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2